Val d’Orcia and Crete Senesi are among the most beautiful places in Europe. Imagine a walking tour of these enchanting areas of Tuscany famous for their postcard-perfect rolling hills draped with vineyards, wheat fields, and silvery groves of olive trees. Our hikes take us through a serene landscape of endless views dotted with pretty hilltop towns, castles, brick farmhouses, and deep green cypresses.You will walk along dirt roads and quiet country footpaths through a spectacular panorama that changes with the seasons, from the green of spring to the yellow of summer.
Walking the silent shepherds’ pathways through the clay hills is a spiritual experience combining nature and history.
Val d’Orcia and Crete Senesi are famous not only for their beautiful scenery but also for their Pecorino cheese, its special flavor due to the local herbs grazed by the sheep.
• San Quirico d’Orcia, Pienza, Montalcino, and Buonconvento, ancient towns that shine with the history and culture of Tuscany
• The medieval hamlets of Monticchiello, Bagno Vignoni, and Chiusure, where time seems to have stopped
• Charming abbeys such as Sant’Antimo and Monte Oliveto Maggiore
• Huge vineyards producing Brunello wine, possibly the most prized of Italy’s fine wines
• The fascinating chapel of Vitaleta, one of the most photographed places in Italy
• The Via Francigena, a pilgrimage route used by thousands on their way to Rome in medieval times
“The walk is very spectacular with great views over the entire Val d’Orcia and Monticchiello is a small jewel of a town. The entire experience was made all the more special because of Marco himself” Tim -USA