Val d’Orcia & Crete Senesi – walk the rolling hills
Val d’Orcia and Crete Senesi are among the most beautiful places in Europe. They are renowned for their beautiful sceneries. The landscape’s colours change with the seasons, from the green of spring to the yellow of summer.
Imagine a tour among these enchanting areas of Tuscany famous for their postcard-perfect rolling hills. You’ll walk through vineyards, wheat fields, and silvery groves of olive trees. Our hikes take us through a serene landscape of endless views dotted with pretty hilltop towns, castles, brick farmhouses, and deep green cypresses.
You will follow dirt roads, silent shepherds’ pathways and quiet country footpaths through spectacular panoramas. Hiking through the clay hills of Val d’Orcia and Crete Senesi is a spiritual experience combining nature and history.
In these areas you also have the opportunity to discover one of the best product of Tuscany, the “Pecorino“. This sheep milk cheese can boast the most ancient origins. From the roman time it has been the epitome of good cheese.
With us you can:
walk through green pastures and forests
enjoy breathtaking views of the famous clay hills
visit small picturesque villages
become part of a Renaissance painting
cross olive groves and vineyards along the so called “strade bianche”
discover the Tuscan flavours
• San Quirico d’Orcia, Pienza, Montalcino, and Buonconvento, ancient towns that shine with history and culture of Tuscany
• The Medieval hamlets of Monticchiello, Bagno Vignoni, and Chiusure, where time doesn’t exist
• Charming abbeys such as Sant’Antimo and Monte Oliveto Maggiore
• Huge vineyards producing Brunello wine, possibly the most prized of Italy’s fine wines
• The fascinating chapel of Vitaleta, one of the most photographed places in Italy
• The Via Francigena, a pilgrimage route walked by thousands on their way to Rome in Medieval times
“The walk is very spectacular with great views over the entire Val d’Orcia and Monticchiello is a small jewel of a town. The entire experience was made all the more special because of Marco himself” Tim -USA